rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Chosen One: How Do You Generate Hope?

Our Featured Title this week is The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams, and in her post, she talked about how to generate more hope.

So tell us, readergirlz, how do you generate hope in your life? Name something that have given you hope in the last year. And let's get to spreading the HOPE!

PS-Don't forget to read our Cover Story on that lovely braided cover.

6 comments:

Micol Ostow said...

Things that give me hope -
This will come as a shock to no one who knows me, but I'm a pretty high-strung person. Hope, and peace, are things I try to find by enjoying those everyday moments: walking the dog down the winding streets of my neighborhood, historic Greenwich Village. Really good, strong coffee on the patio. A glass of wine and a really good book. Catching up with an old friend. All of those pleasures recharge me so I can face the days when hope is in lesser supply.

Melissa Walker said...

I love your hope methods, Micol! I'll join you. And I'll add yoga. It sounds hokey but it makes me feel all open to the world and its possibilities.

Stasia said...

I pick up the phone and call someone I've been meaning to call for a long time--maybe make a plan to meet for lunch. Reaching out = hope. If the hopelessness is from writing troubles or being overwhelmed by work, I crank up the music and just dance until everything feels possible again.

Little Willow said...

I sing.
I laugh.
I share.
I look up at the sky.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

I pray!

Shelf Elf said...

This is probably going to sound cheesy, but here goes. I teach ten-year-olds everyday. So, if I ever need a dose of hope, I go into school and really, really try to focus on seeing the world the way they see it. I listen to them a little harder. I laugh at their jokes. I think about how their intelligence kind of blows my mind a lot of the time. That gives me hope.